A project of the SRITA Association

Armenian Church (Tulcea)

The former Armenian Catholic church was built by the Armenian community between 1883 and 1885. The church ‘s patron saint is Gregory the Illuminator. He is an important saint in Armenian history, who baptized King Tiridates the third (283-314) King, who proclaimed Christianity the official state religion. The church was damaged during the Second World War, in 1977 the Romanian Orthodox Church renovates it, then is working as Orthodox temple. In the cemetery exists five Armenian gravestones, with Old Armenian language inscriptions on them.

Access: Concordia street no. 2.