The cornerstone of the Serbian Orthodox episcopal palace was laid in 1745, at the time of Serbian bishop of Timisoara, Gheorghe Popovici. This Byzantine style palace had originally one floor, which was expanded in 1905-1906. Based on the plans of chief-architect of Timisoara, Laszlo Szekely the palace was hightened with another floor, the facade was decorated so that the square would present a unified Baroque style building complex. Later it was renovated in 2014, when the facade was repaired, reinforced and re-rendered.
The building houses a religious museum since 1967; icons, episcopal portraits, religious objects are exhibited.
Access: Timisoara, Unirii Square, no. 4.