The church was built in Baroque style between 1766 and 1783 in honor of Saint Elizabeth, after which the town was named (Elisabethopolis). The church altar and statues were made by sculptor Simon Hoffmayer. In a church hall was discovered a valuable collection of books, from about 2200 volumes on religion, language and natural sciences from the 16th-19th centuries, written in Italian, Armenian, Hungarian, and French Altin. The top of one of the towers of the church was knocked down by a storm in 1927.
Access: Dumbrăveni (Erzsébetváros in Hungarian, Elisabethstadt in German), Cuza Voda street.